NBN Co has launched its business nbn™ solution finder, a new online tool designed to help businesses of all sizes understand the type of solution to discuss with their retail service provider.
The wholesale discount bundles offer service providers a combination of access to high speeds, committed bandwidth and premium service levels at a discounted wholesale charge.
The move is designed to deliver savings to retail service providers and assist them to meet the needs of businesses.
The tool was created in response to extensive research with Australian businesses and service providers that revealed most businesses are not sure what business products and service attributes they need for their unique business demands.
NBN’s Chief Customer Officer, Paul Tyler acknowledged that Australia is a nation of growing businesses and they want to give all businesses confidence they are on the right broadband plan to service their unique business needs.
“The business nbn™ solution finder is an easy to use online tool that will help businesses order the most suitable business-grade solution available from their internet provider,” he said.
“For businesses of all sizes, it’s important that they select the appropriate business nbn™ solution to meet their needs, including the right speeds, committed bandwidth and service level assurance,” Mr Tyler said.
Council of Small Businesses of Australia CEO, Peter Strong welcomed the move.
“We are pleased to see NBN Co recognise the unique service requirements of different businesses and that they are working together with retail service providers to highlight the broadband choices available. Using the solution finder, our members will have a better understanding of their needs and how to have a productive conversation with their retailer about nbn™ solutions,” Mr Strong said.
Australian Information Industry Association CEO, Ron Gauci acknowledged the need for businesses to go digital.
“Businesses going digital have a great opportunity to create new ways of working, improve efficiency, drive productivity and get closer to their customers. We have businesses with varied levels of digital maturity Australia, and what we know is that one thing they all need is the right tools, including broadband. Being able to match their unique business needs with broadband solutions with the nbn™ solution finder is a great step towards increasing
their capability,” Mr Gauci said.
The wholesale discount bundles include:
- business nbn™ Basic Bundle: Wholesale speeds of 50/20Mbps or 100/40Mbps optimised for smaller businesses*
- business nbn™ Premium Bundle S: Wholesale speeds of 50/20Mbps or 100/40Mbps with symmetrical committed speeds of 1/1Mbps designed for multiple phone lines for medium-sized businesses**
- business nbn™ Premium Bundle M: Wholesale symmetrical committed speeds of 20/20Mbps with a minimum of 100/40Mbps peak information rate^^ for medium to large businesses requiring highly reliable networks to carry their business-critical applications**
- business nbn™ Premium Bundle L: Wholesale symmetrical committed speeds of 50/50Mbps and a minimum of 250/100Mbps peak information rate^^ for data-intensive and multi-site organisations**
- A minimum 12 hour enhanced service level agreement with 24/7 support between NBN Co and retailer is included in all the wholesale discount bundles.